This delicious and hearty beef stew only takes a few minutes to put together, then you can leave it simmering in your oven or crock pot until you’re ready to eat. The slow braise breaks down the muscle fibres in the beef, so it will be falling apart tender, and loaded with flavour.
- 2 lbs grassfed stewing beef — cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 medium sweet potatoes — cubed
- 2 large carrots — chopped
- 1 large onion — chopped
- 2-4 cups beef bone broth
- large handful fresh sage
- 1 bulb garlic — chopped
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325°F (165°C).
- In a Dutch oven or large oven-safe pot, heat 1 tbsp oil until shimmering, and brown meat for 5-10 minutes. Set aside.
- Add remaining oil to the pot and add onion, carrots, garlic, sage, salt and cinnamon. Sautée for 10 minutes or until softened.
- Add beef, potatoes, and enough broth to cover.
- Bake for around 3 hours, then enjoy! The leftovers are even better the next day.
I’m Mikayla Murphy, Certified Nutritional Practitioner and owner of Groundwork Health + Wellness! My entire practice revolves around traditional cooking and old fashioned nutrition as a way to regain your health.
I stick to traditions, not trends, to find true, vibrant health. We work together to build your health from the ground up using real food and the science of nutrition. I’d love to connect with you!