We work with a professional Italian chef to craft this all-natural, ready-to-eat beef stew. It’s made in small batches with all-natural ingredients, using our pasture-raised and dry-aged Whispering Meadows beef, plus certified organic vegetables and seasonings, and absolutely nothing artificial.
If you were served this stew in a fine restaurant, we think you’d be very happy with it. It is rich, savoury, and delicious, and tastes like it was just freshly made. We think you’ll love it just as much as the best beef stew you’ve made in your own kitchen.
It just needs a quick reheat, then it’s excellent on its own, or served with bread, rice, or mashed potatoes, plus your favourite veggies, for a complete meal.
“The beef stew is delicious and exactly like what Whispering Meadows described — juicy, tender and rich.”
Florence C., Toronto
Our chef, Benito, starts by searing our premium dry-aged beef, to develop a rich browned flavour. Then he sautés organic onions, carrots, and celery, and deglazes with red wine. Our own beef bone broth makes up the liquid portion, and organic potatoes, diced tomatoes, and seasonings are added before simmering for just the right amount of time to cook everything perfectly, and make the beef tender enough to cut with a spoon. Finally the stew is sterilized in one-litre glass jars. We think it’s the best stew you can find anywhere, and it’s:
- all-natural, made with certified organic vegetables and seasonings;
- an excellent source of protein, niacin, Vitamin A, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Vitamin C, zinc, and selenium;
- locally hand-crafted in small batches, in a certified professional kitchen, with love and care;
- made with our premium, local & sustainable Whispering Meadows Angus beef — raised on free-range pasture without antibiotics or synthetic hormones, and dry-aged for 21 days;
- sugar free, gluten free, dairy free, nut free, GMO free, nitrate free, with no artificial colours, flavours, preservatives or MSG.
Ingredients: Grass-fed lean stewing beef, Grass-fed beef bone broth, White potatoes*, Diced tomatoes* (Tomatoes*, Tomato juice*, Sea salt, Citric acid, Calcium chloride), Onions*, Carrots*, Celery*, Filtered water, Red cooking wine, Extra-virgin olive oil*, Sea salt, Garlic*, Black pepper*, Fresh herbs*.
*certified organic. Contains: garlic, onions.
“My grandsons who are picky eaters are now asking for seconds”
Fran W., Elora Ontario
Preserved in 1-litre glass jars, in a certified professional kitchen. Shelf-stable for 9 months at room temperature. Refrigerate after opening. Do not freeze in glass jars, they will break.
If you eat it on its own, a jar will give you one or two full meals. Or if you enjoy it with an added starch and vegetables, along the lines of Canada’s Food Guide, you’ll get between 2 and 4 servings per jar.
Available in boxes of 3 or 6 jars. Save 12% with the 6-jar box, for $8.98 off.