- 2 pounds organic chicken thighs
- 1 cup marinara sauce of choice ~ I love Rao’s!
- 1 jar diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 5 cloves of garlic crushed
- 2 sweet onions cut in rings
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley (or fresh if preferred)
- Cape Herb & Spice chicken seasoning
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup goat cheese
- Season chicken with spices and salt & pepper
- Brown chicken in butter and crushed garlic over medium heat in cast iron pan 3-4 mins per side
- Add onions, diced tomatoes, basil, marinara sauce and simmer for 8-10 mins until chicken is cooked through~ time will vary depending on the size of the thighs
- Top with parsley, goat cheese and more basil
- Serve over rice, pasta or greens
I’m Mikayla Murphy, Certified Nutritional Practitioner and owner of Groundwork Health + Wellness! My entire practice revolves around traditional cooking and old fashioned nutrition as a way to regain your health.
I stick to traditions, not trends, to find true, vibrant health. We work together to build your health from the ground up using real food and the science of nutrition. I’d love to connect with you!