The coconut ginger sauce in this recipe elevates your pork chops to a new level of gourmet. And it’s ready in around 15 minutes.
- Two 8-oz organic pork chops
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 yellow onion — very finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp ginger
- 1/4 cup water (or substitute white wine)
- 1 cup canned coconut milk (full fat)
- 1/4 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 1-1/2 tsp lime juice
- Pat pork chops dry with a tea towel, and season both sides with salt.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork chops to the pan and cook for 3 to 5 minutes per side or until cooked through. Transfer the cooked pork chops to a plate, and cover to rest.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the onion, garlic and ginger to the same pan. Cook, stirring continuously, for about a minute until very fragrant. Add the 1/4-cup water or wine to the pan and scrape any brown bits away from the bottom of the pan. Stir in the coconut milk.
- Bring the sauce to a gentle boil and let it simmer until the sauce has thickened, about 8 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the cilantro and lime juice. Season the sauce with salt or additional lime juice if needed.
- To serve, divide pork chops between plates and top generously with the coconut pan sauce. Enjoy!
I’m Mikayla Murphy, Certified Nutritional Practitioner and owner of Groundwork Health + Wellness! My entire practice revolves around traditional cooking and old fashioned nutrition as a way to regain your health.
I stick to traditions, not trends, to find true, vibrant health. We work together to build your health from the ground up using real food and the science of nutrition. I’d love to connect with you!