First of all, our meat deliveries are continuing, so you and your family can stay well-fed and healthy. We have a strong supply-chain of meats, and our meat processors and butchers have committed to help us keep restocking everything as needed. And we’ll keep delivering direct to your home.
Second, we’ve added a number of bulk buys, so you can stock up on meats at a reduced price. These bulk options give you multiple items for a discount of up to 20% off.
And third, we have a safety protocol in place to minimize the risk of coronavirus spread:
Coronavirus Safety Protocol
We have always been at the forefront of food safety at Whispering Meadows. So far, there have not been any documented cases of transmission through food, but with the increased coronavirus risk, we are taking extra measures to minimize any chance of spreading the virus:
- Everyone at Whispering Meadows is actively monitoring our own health, with constant hand washing and disinfection of regularly touched surfaces. Nobody with any suspected COVID-19 symptoms will handle your order.
- Our meat processing plants have always operated with the highest standards of food safety. They are implementing extra precautions in sanitization and monitoring employee health. Currently it is believed that the coronavirus cannot survive inside food packaging for any length of time, but they are taking every possible precaution just in case.
- When delivering your meats, we are spraying down each item with 70% alcohol as we box it. Then we will also alcohol spray your box at the time of delivery, and leave it at your door. Let us know in your order comments if there is anywhere in particular you would like us to leave your order, or if you have any other special instructions for us.
- Everyone at Whispering Meadows is practicing social distancing and COVID-19 safety protocols at all times.
- We are completely avoiding any interaction with members of the public, or any contact with any public surfaces, while out on deliveries.
- We will continue to follow Health Canada and WHO updates and recommendations, and we’ll keep adapting our protocols as more information becomes available.
We sincerely hope that these measures are more than is necessary, but we care deeply about all of our customers and want to do everything that we can to keep you safe.
If you want more info about COVID-19, and how to protect yourself, the best sources of accurate information are the World Health Organization and Health Canada. Accurate data about the current spread of the virus is available from Johns Hopkins.
Wishing you all the best. Please stay healthy!