If you like lamb, we think you may enjoy goat meat even more. These garlic herb goat shoulder chops will give you a rich, succulent dining experience. With the bone in, our goat chops give you even more flavour, plus the added delicacy of the marrow.
Here’s our recipe to get the most out of them:
- 1 package pasture-raised goat shoulder chops
- 1 large onion
- 10 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp mixed dried herbs
- 1 cup water
- Place chops in a baking dish.
- Blend onions, garlic, herbs, water, and sea salt, pour over chops, and cover with tin foil. Marinate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 250°F (120°C).
- Place covered baking dish into oven, and bake for about an hour, or until they reach an internal temperature of 135°F (57°C).
- Remove chops from the oven and increase temperature to 500°F (260°C). While the oven is reaching temperature, transfer the chops to a raised rack over a baking tray. Rub them with oil on all sides, and return them to the oven for 10 — 15 minutes, uncovered, until they develop a deep colour of crust.
- Serve and enjoy!
About the author:
I’m Mikayla Murphy, Certified Nutritional Practitioner and owner of Groundwork Health + Wellness! My entire practice revolves around traditional cooking and old fashioned nutrition as a way to regain your health.
I stick to traditions, not trends, to find true, vibrant health. We work together to build your health from the ground up using real food and the science of nutrition. I’d love to connect with you!