What you will need:
- premium steak cuts — our favourite is rib eye.
- kosher salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 clove garlic, chopped and crushed (or 1/8 tsp. garlic powder)
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tbsp. onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. parsley, finely chopped
At least an hour before putting your steak on the BBQ, rub 1 tsp of kosher salt on each steak. Barbecue the steak to your liking – we always recommend an internal temperature of 130°F for medium-rare. Or you can do a reverse sear.
While the steak is grilling, melt butter and add garlic, thyme, lemon, onion, and parsley. Simmer for 1 minute.
Once steak is done, plate it and pour the butter sauce over the steak. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.