Our all-natural pasture-raised hogs are a heritage variety known as Tamworth, which is one of the oldest pig breeds and is closely related to wild boar. Many people consider it to have the most flavour of any pork variety.
We raise them free-range on no-spray pasture, with the same care and kindness we lavish on all of our animals.
Our pork is…
- Free-range pasture raised, from spring to fall.
- Raised without the use of artificial hormones, antibiotics, or other growth promoting drugs.
- Fed on organically grown, 100% plant and vegetable based feeds, with certified organic non-GMO grains.
- Processed at a regulated, government inspected and family-owned local butcher shop.
- Packaged and labelled in individual cuts.
- Available fresh-frozen & ready for your freezer.
Also available by the pound:
We have a limited supply of pork, and it often sells out, so we would recommend getting your order in right away. Place a deposit below to secure your order, and the balance will be due on pickup or delivery.
You can choose a whole, half or quarter hog — they are priced at $5.60 per pound, dressed weight / hanging side weight.
- Whole hog estimated dressed weight: 220 lbs.
- Half hog estimated dressed weight: 110 lbs.
- Quarter hog estimated dressed weight: 55 lbs.
Dressed weight means the initial weight of the entire side before dry-aging and butchering. The total weight of your pork cuts will be approximately 65% of the dressed weight, after butchering into individual cuts and removal of unnecessary bone and fat. That means your final pork cuts work out to an average of $8.62/lb or $1.90/100g.
The video below gives a nice overview of the process of butchering a side of pork:
A great selection to have in your freezer:
Although each order differs a little in overall weight, the average quarter hog gives you between 35 and 40 pounds of pork. Here’s how a typical quarter hog breaks down into finished cuts:
- Two 4-lb smoked hams…
- 5-lbs of smoked bacon in 1-pound packets…
- 1.5-lb packet of spare ribs…
- 1-lb packet of riblets…
- 5.5-lbs of sausages…
- 8-lbs of pork chops…
- one shoulder roast, approx. 3.5-lbs…
- one butt roast, approx. 5-lbs.
A half hog will give you double these amounts, and a whole hog will be 4× as much.
The meat ships to you frozen in a convenient 12”×12”×12” box. One quarter hog fills about 1/4 of an average fridge freezer.
Place your deposit:
The deposit below secures your order. The balance will be due on pickup or delivery, and is based on the actual dressed weight of your particular hog.