Our all-natural pasture-raised hogs are a heritage variety known as Tamworth, which is one of the oldest pig breeds and is closely related to wild boar. And of course, we grow them with the same care and kindness we lavish on all of our animals.
Like our Whispering Meadows beef, our pork is:
- Free-range pasture-based, from spring to fall.
- Raised without the use of artificial hormones or antibiotics.
- Fed on 100% plant and vegetable based feeds, with certified organic non-GMO grains.
- Processed at a regulated, government inspected and family-owned local butcher shop.
- Packaged and labelled in traditional butcher paper.
- Available fresh-frozen & ready for your freezer.
We have a limited supply of pork, and it often sells out, so we would recommend getting your order in right away. Place a deposit now to secure your order, and the balance will be due on pickup or delivery.
You can choose a whole, half or quarter hog — they are priced at $5.60 per pound, dressed weight / hanging side weight.
- Whole hog estimated dressed weight: 220 lbs.
- Half hog estimated dressed weight: 110 lbs.
- Quarter hog estimated dressed weight: 55 lbs.
The above weights are typical hog dressed weights, which means the initial weight of the entire side before butchering. The total weight of your pork cuts will be approximately 65% of the dressed weight, after butchering into individual cuts and removal of unnecessary bone and fat. Your order balance will be based on the actual dressed weight of your particular hog.
A great selection to have in your freezer:
Although each order differs a little in overall weight, the average quarter hog gives you between 35 and 40 pounds of pork. Here’s how a typical quarter hog breaks down into finished cuts:
- Two 4-lb smoked hams…
- 5-lbs of smoked bacon in 1-lb packets…
- 1.5-lb packet of spare ribs…
- 1-lb packet of riblets…
- 5.5-lbs of sausages…
- 8-lbs of pork chops…
- one shoulder roast, approx. 3.5-lbs…
- one butt roast, approx. 5-lbs.
The meat ships to you frozen in a convenient 12”x12”x12” box. One quarter hog fills about ¼ of an average fridge freezer.