Our all-natural pasture-raised hogs are a heritage variety known as Tamworth, which is one of the oldest pig breeds and is closely related to wild boar. Many people consider it to have the most flavour of any pork variety.
We raise them free-range on organic pastures, with the same care and kindness we lavish on all of our animals, and with zero antibiotics, steroids, or synthetic hormones.
- Free-range pasture raised, from spring to fall.
- Raised without the use of artificial hormones, antibiotics, or other growth promoting drugs.
- Fed on organically grown, 100% plant and vegetable based feeds, with certified organic non-GMO grains.
- Processed by hand at a regulated, government inspected and family-owned local butcher shop.
- Packaged and labelled in individual cuts.
- Available fresh-frozen & ready for your freezer.
Also available individually:
We have a limited supply of pork, and it often sells out, so we would recommend getting your order in right away. Place a deposit below to secure your order, and the balance will be due on pickup or delivery.
You can choose a whole, half or quarter hog — they are priced at $5.60 per pound, dressed weight, for a quarter hog. And you can order in larger quantities for a discounted price.
- Quarter hog estimated dressed weight: 55 lbs. $5.60/lb.
- Half hog estimated dressed weight: 110 lbs. $5.25/lb – save 6.3%.
- Whole hog estimated dressed weight: 220 lbs. $4.95/lb – save 11.6%.
Dressed weight means the weight of the entire side when it is initially hung — before dry-aging and butchering. This is the industry-standard method of pricing sides of meat.
The total weight of your pork cuts will be approximately 65% of the dressed weight, after butchering into individual cuts and removal of unnecessary bone and fat. That means your final pork cuts work out to an average of $8.62/lb, or $1.90/100g, if you order a quarter hog. Half-hog orders work out to around $8.08/lb ($1.78/100g), and whole hogs about $7.62/lb ($1.68/100g).
Shipping is free to Southern Ontario for orders that contain a whole hog.
The video below gives a nice overview of the process of butchering a side of pork:
Although each order differs a little in overall weight, the average quarter hog gives you between 35 and 40 pounds of pork. Here’s how a typical quarter hog breaks down into finished cuts:
“The best bacon we’ve ever had!”
Maxine S., Toronto
- Two 4-lb smoked hams…
- 5-lbs of smoked bacon in 1-pound packets…
- 1.5-lb packet of spare ribs…
- 1-lb packet of riblets…
- 5.5-lbs of sausages…
- 8-lbs of pork chops…
- one shoulder roast, approx. 3.5-lbs…
- one butt roast, approx. 5-lbs.
The meat ships to you frozen in a convenient 12”×12”×12” box. One quarter hog fills about 1/4 of an average fridge freezer.
Place your deposit:
The deposit below secures your order. The balance will be due on pickup or delivery, and is based on the actual dressed weight of your particular hog, minus the deposit you’ve already paid.