Our certified organic, pastured hogs are raised cage-free, with the same stress-free care and kindness we lavish on all of our animals, and with zero antibiotics, steroids, or synthetic hormones.
Also available individually:
- Fed with organically grown, 100% plant and vegetable based feeds, including certified organic non-GMO grains.
- Never given artificial hormones, antibiotics, or other growth-promoting drugs.
- Processed by hand at a regulated, government inspected and family-owned local butcher shop.
- Packaged and labelled in individually vacuum-sealed cuts.
- Flash-frozen at its peak of freshness, so you can have a nice selection of cuts in your freezer to use at any time.
You can order a quarter, half, or whole hog below. And we also offer individual cuts of pork from our menu system, or the links on the right of this page.
Order a whole, half, or quarter hog
Ordering this way gives you a volume discount, which increases with your order size:
“We have purchased both the pork and the beef from Whispering Meadows. The meat is well marbled and wonderfully flavoured. I have recommended it to family and friends.”
Janice G., Ariss
- Quarter hog dressed weight: 60 lbs, $7.59/lb
- Half hog dressed weight: 120 lbs, $7.32/lb
- Whole hog dressed weight: 240 lbs, $6.78/lb
Dressed weight means the weight of the entire side when it is initially hung — before dry-ageing and butchering. This is the industry-standard method of pricing sides of meat.
The total weight of your pork cuts will be approximately 65% of the dressed weight, after butchering into individual cuts and removal of unnecessary bone and fat. That means your final pork cuts work out to approximately…
- $11.67/lb, or $2.57/100g, if you order a quarter hog. Save 5.4% compared to buying these cuts individually.
- $11.26/lb ($2.48/100g), for half-hog orders. Save 8.8% compared to buying these cuts individually.
- $10.43/lb ($2.29/100g), for whole hog orders. Save 15.6% compared to buying these cuts individually.
Shipping is free to Southern Ontario for orders that contain a whole hog.
The video below gives a nice overview of the process of butchering a side of pork:
Our hogs come in at 240 pounds dressed weight, which gives 60 pounds dressed weight for a quarter hog. Here’s how a quarter hog breaks down into finished cuts:
“The best bacon we’ve ever had!”
Maxine S., Toronto
“Do not eat the bacon! Unless you are prepared to be ruined for all other bacon for life! It is outstanding!”
Kristine M., Blue Mountains, ON
- One .75-lb pork tenderloin…
- Two 3.5-lb old-fashioned hams (uncooked — read our ham cooking tips here)…
- 5 pounds of maple smoked bacon in 1-pound packets…
- 1-lb packet of spare ribs…
- 6 pounds of sausages…
- 4 pounds of pork chops…
- Two 1-lb packets of ground pork…
- one ham steak, approx. 1.5 lbs…
- one shoulder roast, approx. 3.5 lbs…
- one butt roast, approx. 3.5 lbs…
A half hog will give you double these amounts, and a whole hog will be four times this much pork. Each individual cut may vary ±10% in weight, so we check each order to make sure that we give you the same total weight for everything.
Please note that no organ meats are included with your pork.
The meat ships to you frozen in convenient 10”×12”×20” boxes, with individually vacuum-sealed cuts of pork. One quarter hog fills about 1/4 of an average fridge freezer, or 1/8 of an 8 cubic-foot chest freezer.