Pesto Pizza and Barbeque Beef Combine for a Heavenly Feed!
- 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) freshly ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) minced garlic (3 cloves)
- 1 ½ tsp. (7 ml) ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. (2 ml) salt
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) allspice
- ¼ tsp. (1 ml) cayenne pepper
- 1 lb. steak (either blade, round, fast-fry cutlets, sirloin tip, sirloin)
- 2 red peppers, cut in quarters
- 2 red onions cut in half
- Olive oil, salt & pepper to taste
- ½ cup (125 ml) pesto or pizza sauce
- 4 small pizza shells or flatbreads
- 3 oz ( 85g) goat cheese
- 4 oz. (115g) havarti cheese, grated
Try our beef!
Whispering Meadows is a family-farm producer of all-natural, hand butchered beef. You won’t believe the difference in taste and quality! Read more.
1.Combine pepper, garlic, cinnamon, salt, allspice and cayenne pepper in resealable freezer bag. Add beef to spice mixture; seal bag & shake to coat. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
2.Toss red peppers & onion with olive oil, salt & pepper & grill over medium heat until tender. Remove from grill, cool slightly & cut in strips.
3.Spread pesto (or pizza sauce) over pizza shells & top with the peppers, onions & cheeses. Set aside.
4.Place steak on grill over medium heat. Close BBQ lid & cook, turning once, for approx. 3-4 minutes per side. Remove meat from BBQ & let stand for 5 – 10 minutes. Slice thinly across grain.
5.Meanwhile, place pizza shells on grill over low heat & cook until shells are golden brown & cheese is melted.
6.Remove from grill, top pizza with sliced beef & serve with side salad of choice.
Yield 8 servings (1/2 pizza per person).
Whispering Meadows is a family beef farm in Ontario. You can buy our naturally raised, grass-fed Black Angus beef direct from our farm, for a price that you won’t believe. We think it’s the best-tasting, most tender beef you can find anywhere!
To learn more about Whispering Meadows natural family farm beef,
visit our home page….