Your Favorite Marinade Livens Up this Traditional BBQ Favorite!
- 1 3 to 4-lb. roast (short rib, cross cut or sirloin tip)
- Your favorite marinade
Try our beef!
Whispering Meadows is a family-farm producer of all-natural, hand butchered beef. You won’t believe the difference in taste and quality! Read more.
- Pierce roast all over with fork. Place in large sealable freezer bag or shallow glass container with 2 cups (500 ml) of your favorite marinade; seal & refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours. Discard marinade after use.
- Place dripping pan with ½ — 1 inch water under BBQ grill. Preheat
- barbecue to medium-high (400 degrees F/200 degrees C).
- Cook with rotisserie or by indirect heat.
Rotisserie Roasting: Insert spit rod lengthwise through centre of roast; secure with holding forks and position roast over drip pan.
- Indirect Heat Roasting on BBQ: Place roast on grill over drip pan that has been moved to one side of the BBQ; turn heat off under just the roast side of the BBQ.
- Cook in closed BBQ at a constant heat until desired doneness (approx. 20- 25 minutes per lb. of roast for medium doneness).
- Remove roast to cutting board; tent with foil for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Carve into thin slices against the grain of the meat.
Whispering Meadows is a family beef farm in Ontario. You can buy our naturally raised, grass-fed Black Angus beef direct from our farm, for a price that you won’t believe. We think it’s the best-tasting, most tender beef you can find anywhere!
To learn more about Whispering Meadows natural family farm beef,
visit our home page….