Think Outside ‘The Box’ And Try This Roast On Your Barbecue!
Marinating Is The Key To The Best Roast You Can Imagine!
• 4 pound roast (rump, cross-cut, short-rib, round)
• 2 cups (500 ml) salad dressing (balsamic vinaigrette or sun-dried tomato)
1. Pierce thawed roast all over with fork. Place in large sealable freezer bag with dressing, refrigerate 12-24 hrs.
2. Place drip pan with ½” (1 cm) water under grill. Heat BBQ to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) using med.-high heat.
3. Discard marinade. Insert spit rod lengthwise through centre of roast; secure with holding forks.
Try our beef!
Whispering Meadows is a family-farm producer of all-natural, hand butchered beef. You won’t believe the difference in taste and quality! Read more.
4. Cook roast in closed BBQ over drip pan, maintaining constant heat until cooked to desired (approx. 20 min/lb. or 45 min./kg.) (135-145 degrees C or 57-63 degrees F for med.-rare)
5. Remove roast to cutting board; tent with foil (10-15 minutes).
Carve into thin slice against the meat grain.
No rotisserie on your BBQ…NO Worries!
Indirect Heat BBQ Roasting: Cook roast directly on the grill positioned over a drip pan that is placed on one side of a preheated BBQ; turn heat off under just the roast. Cook in closed BBQ with constant heat (as above).
Note: Roast will cook slightly faster than when BBQ’d on a rotisserie.) Yield 11-12 servings from a 4 lb. roast.
Whispering Meadows is a family beef farm in Ontario. You can buy our naturally raised, grass-fed Black Angus beef direct from our farm, for a price that you won’t believe. We think it’s the best-tasting, most tender beef you can find anywhere!
To learn more about Whispering Meadows natural family farm beef,
visit our home page….