By grilling the steak, veggies & flatbreads on your BBQ this meal makes great summer fare!
- 1 lime
- ½ cup (125 ml) finely chopped pickled jalapeno peppers
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) juice from pickled jalapenos
- 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb. steak (blade, round, fast-fry cutlets, sirloin tip or sirloin)
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 Tbsp.(15 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) chili powder
- ½ tsp. (2 ml) ground cumin
- 4 Greek pits flatbreads
Try our beef!
Whispering Meadows is a family-farm producer of all-natural, hand butchered beef. You won’t believe the difference in taste and quality! Read more.
1.Combine finely grated peel & juice from lime, jalapenos and their reserved juice, Worcestershire & half the garlic in large sealable freezer bag. Pierce beef all over With fork and add to bag; refrigerate 8 – 12 hours.
2.Discard marinade; grill whole steak using medium-high heat 3-4 min./side for rare. Let stand for 5 min.; slice thinly across grain. Meanwhile, toss vegetables with oil, remaining garlic and seasonings; grill for 5 min., stirring occasionally.
3.Tuck steak and vegetables into warm pitas and top with salsa.
Yield 4 servings.
Whispering Meadows is a family beef farm in Ontario. You can buy our naturally raised, grass-fed Black Angus beef direct from our farm, for a price that you won’t believe. We think it’s the best-tasting, most tender beef you can find anywhere!
To learn more about Whispering Meadows natural family farm beef,
visit our home page….