- 1 butternut squash
- 1 lb organic ground chicken
- 1/2 cup rice (uncooked)
- 2 cups mushrooms (chopped)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 large apple — diced
- 4 cups spinach
- 1 small onion or shallot (diced)
- Sage, sea salt, pepper, garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Cook rice according to the directions on the package
- Cut the squash lengthwise, scoop out seeds, add 1 tbsp oil and bake face down
- In the meantime, add chicken to a large pan and cook until browned
- Add mushrooms, onion, apple and cranberries
- Cook for 7-10 minutes or until fruit and vegetables are soft
- Add spinach and rice to pan and combine
- Remove squash from oven once you can easily pierce it with a knife
- Flip so cut sides are facing up and scoop out some flesh to make room for the stuffing (save the scooped squash for other recipes!)
- Add the stuffing into the semi-hollow squash
- Bake for 10 minutes
- Let cool and enjoy!
I’m Mikayla Murphy, Certified Nutritional Practitioner and owner of Groundwork Health + Wellness! My entire practice revolves around traditional cooking and old fashioned nutrition as a way to regain your health.
I stick to traditions, not trends, to find true, vibrant health. We work together to build your health from the ground up using real food and the science of nutrition. I’d love to connect with you!