Osso buco is a rich, unctuous, melt-in-your-mouth meat dish that has incredible beefy flavour. If you’ve never had it before, words can’t really describe how good it is, you just have to try it! The combination of melting apart beef, plus the extra delicacy of the bone marrow, will leave you smacking your lips.
- 2 cuts of grass-fed beef osso bucco
- 1 large onion — chopped
- 4 cloves garlic — chopped
- 4 cups filtered water or broth/stock
- dried herbs to taste, plus fresh dill for garnish
- 1 tbsp butter
- Salt both sides of the meat and let sit at room temp for 30 minutes.
- Heat 1 tbsp butter in a large pot.
- Once hot, add garlic and sear each side of the meat for 2-2.5 minutes.
- Cover with liquid and add veg + herbs.
- Bring to a gentle boil, reduce to low, cover and simmer for 3 hours.
- Remove from liquid and enjoy
I’m Mikayla Murphy, Certified Nutritional Practitioner and owner of Groundwork Health + Wellness! My entire practice revolves around traditional cooking and old fashioned nutrition as a way to regain your health.
I stick to traditions, not trends, to find true, vibrant health. We work together to build your health from the ground up using real food and the science of nutrition. I’d love to connect with you!