A thick baked beef stew that will stick to your ribs! For a printable version that fits on a 3x5” recipe card, click here.
- 2 lbs. stewing beef OR use any of the following steaks cubed: blade, sirloin tip, rib, sirloin; OR roasts cubed; crosscut, pot, short rib, round, rump.
- 1 — 19 oz. can stewed tomatoes
- 1 — 284 ml (10oz.) can tomato soup
- 1 — 284 ml (10oz.) can mushrooms (drained & rinsed) (may substitute fresh if preferred)
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- ½ cup vinegar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. ginger
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp. oil
- Salt, pepper & crushed garlic to taste
Try our beef!
Whispering Meadows is a family-farm producer of all-natural, hand butchered beef. You won’t believe the difference in taste and quality! Read more.
Combine all ingredients in large casserole dish. Bake 2 hours covered in 350 degree oven. Serve over cooked rice or broad noodles.
Whispering Meadows is a family beef farm in Ontario. You can buy our naturally raised, grass-fed Black Angus beef direct from our farm, for a price that you won’t believe. We think it’s the best-tasting, most tender beef you can find anywhere!
To learn more about Whispering Meadows natural family farm beef,
visit our home page….