This is a delicious pasta dish topped with Asian marinated beef and garnished with sesame seeds, red pepper, onion, sun-dried tomatoes, and bocconcini cheese.
Try our beef!
Whispering Meadows is a family-farm producer of all-natural, hand butchered beef. You won’t believe the difference in taste and quality! Read more.
|2lb 10 oz||1.2 kg||Tri Tips or Top Sirloin steak cut in strips across the grain|
|3 tbsp||45 mL||vegetable oil|
|1/2 oz||15 g||crushed black peppercorns|
|3/4 oz||20 g||mild chili powder|
|1/2 oz||15 g||Szechuan powder (optional)|
|3 tbsp||45 mL||dry sherry|
|1/4 oz||10 g||EACH: chopped garlic, ginger, basil|
|2 lb||900 g||Cappelini pasta|
|1 tsp||5 mL||turmeric|
|salt and pepper, to taste|
|1 1/2 tbsp||20 mL||vegetable oil, divided|
|7 oz||200 g||julienned red pepper|
|3.5 oz||100 g||julienned green pepper|
|1.5 oz||50 g||julienned Bermuda onion|
|1.5 oz||50 g||sliced mushrooms|
|1/4 oz||10 g||toasted sesame seeds|
|2 tsp||10 mL||sesame seeds|
|3/4 oz||20 g||EACH: julienned red pepper and green onion|
|3/4 oz||20 g||sun-dried tomatoes|
|20 slices||20 slices||Bocconcini cheese (optional)|
|10 sprigs||10 sprigs||basil|
- In a stainless steel bowl, combine the marinade ingredients and mix thoroughly. Add the beef strips, tossing well to coat the meat.
- Bring a large pot of water, with turmeric added, to a boil. Add the pasta and boil for 5 to seven minutes or until done to your preference.
- Drain the pasta and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a wok or large frying pan and add 15 mL of oil.
- Add the beef and sauté. Remove and hold.
- Heat 5 mL of oil in pan and add the peppers, onions, mushrooms and sesame seeds. Stir fry and season to taste. Add beef back in and remove from heat.
- Place pasta in a serving bowl or on individual plates.
- Top with beef mixture and garnish each plate with some of the sesame seeds, red pepper, onion, sun-dried tomatoes, and bocconcini cheese.
- Garnish with basil sprigs.
Recipe courtesy of the Beef Information Centre, www.beefinfo.org
Whispering Meadows is a family beef farm in Ontario. You can buy our naturally raised, grass-fed Black Angus beef direct from our farm, for a price that you won’t believe. We think it’s the best-tasting, most tender beef you can find anywhere!
To learn more about Whispering Meadows natural family farm beef,
visit our home page….