A deliciously healthy wrap recipe, made with sauteed marinated beef strips, julienned carrots, ginger and rice.
Try our beef!
Whispering Meadows is a family-farm producer of all-natural, hand butchered beef. You won’t believe the difference in taste and quality! Read more.
|1.5 lb||800 g||Bottom Round Flat cut into thin strips across the grain|
|7 tbsp||100 mL||vegetable oil|
|3.5 oz||100 g||julienned carrots — blanched|
|6||6||spinach wraps (12)|
|4 1/2 c||1 L||cooked sticky rice (Asian rice)|
|3/4 oz||20 g||pickled ginger — chopped (optional)|
|1/2 oz||20 g||toasted sesame seeds|
|salt and white pepper, to taste|
|Teriyaki dipping sauce|
|1/2 cup||125 mL||soy sauce|
|1/4 cup||50 mL||sesame oil|
|1/2 cup||125 mL||vegetable oil|
|3/4 oz||20 g||fresh ginger — chopped|
|3/4 oz||20 g||fresh garlic — chopped|
|3/4 oz||20 g||white sugar|
1. Mix all marinade ingredients. Combine with beef and marinate, refrigerated a minimum of one hour.
2. Heat skillet or wok, add oil then add beef.
3. Saute until medium rare. Remove beef from skillet and set aside to cool.
4. Saute carrots, removing from skillet when still firm.
5. Place wrap on counter. Spread rice to cover half of wrap. (150 mL of rice should be enough).
6. Spread julienned carrots and ginger evenly on the rice.
7. Place beef on top of rice and sprinkle with sesame seeds, salt and white pepper.
8. Roll the wrap, making sure it is tight, then cut on an angle.
9. Serve with teriyaki sauce on the side.
Offer a fresh green salad with a rice vinegar dressing or serve with fresh stir-fried vegetables on the side. Wraps can also be sliced into mini sandwiches and used as an hors d’oeuvre.
Recipe courtesy of the Beef Information Centre, www.beefinfo.org
Whispering Meadows is a family beef farm in Ontario. You can buy our naturally raised, grass-fed Black Angus beef direct from our farm, for a price that you won’t believe. We think it’s the best-tasting, most tender beef you can find anywhere!
To learn more about Whispering Meadows natural family farm beef,
visit our home page….