This roasted chicken comes out tender, juicy, and loaded with flavour. The butter gives it an extra richness, and helps the skin crisp up so it’s golden and delicious.
- one whole organic chicken
- 1 lemon
- 1 bulb garlic
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp chicken seasoning
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 stick butter
- Preheat oven to 425°F (218°C).
- Chop lemon and garlic bulb in half. Set aside.
- Pat chicken dry, combine all spices and cover entire chicken. Place chicken in an oven-safe pan or skillet.
- Melt butter in a small pot. Add lemon halves and garlic bulb to pan. Pour butter over chicken.
- Bake for ~45 minutes, occasionally spooning the butter over the chicken. Enjoy!
I’m Mikayla Murphy, Certified Nutritional Practitioner and owner of Groundwork Health + Wellness! My entire practice revolves around traditional cooking and old fashioned nutrition as a way to regain your health.
I stick to traditions, not trends, to find true, vibrant health. We work together to build your health from the ground up using real food and the science of nutrition. I’d love to connect with you!