This delicious flavour combination will delight your senses.
The chicken drumsticks come out moist and tender, and the sauce has a creamy mouthfeel that will pair extremely well with rice or mashed potatoes.
- 12 organic chicken drumsticks. The certified organic chicken from Whispering Meadows is full of flavour — order it online and have it delivered to your door, anywhere in Southern Ontario.
- 2 white onions, quartered
- Chives — finely chopped (for garnish)
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 6 tbsp liquid honey
- 10 cloves garlic — minced
- 1 tsp ginger root — minced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp dried red pepper flakes
- In a small bowl, combine all marinade ingredients. Set aside.
- Place chicken drumsticks and onions in a large baking dish. Cover with marinade and massage well.
- Cover and leave in refrigerator for one hour, or ideally overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Remove covering and bake dish on the middle rack for 40-45 minutes, until the chicken is lightly browned, with a minimum internal temp of 155°F (68°C).
- Remove from the oven, garnish with chives, and serve.
About the author:
I’m Mikayla Murphy, Certified Nutritional Practitioner and owner of Groundwork Health + Wellness! My entire practice revolves around traditional cooking and old fashioned nutrition as a way to regain your health.
I stick to traditions, not trends, to find true, vibrant health. We work together to build your health from the ground up using real food and the science of nutrition. I’d love to connect with you!