Shepherd’s pie is a classic heartwarming comfort food. This is an easy to make version that will give you gourmet results with very little effort.
Made from our Whispering Meadows grassfed, pasture-raised Angus ground beef, which adds an incredible depth of flavour to any recipe.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 sweet onions, diced
- 3 large carrots, chopped
- 1 8oz package of mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Spices, 1 tsp each: garlic powder, onion powder, dried onion, smoked paprika, dried thyme
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 tbsp organic Better than Bouillon paste mixed with 1 cup water
- 8 — 10 potatoes
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 tbsp butter
- Salt & Pepper
- Lightly brown ground beef with garlic in pan.
- Drain off any fat.
- Add all spices, onions, carrots, mushroom and frozen peas to ground beef. Cook on low until vegetables are softened.
- Add bouillon + water mixture and simmer for 3-4 minutes until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Transfer to a casserole dish.
- Prepare mashed potatoes, and top the beef mixture with the potatoes.
- Sprinkle cheese and parsley on top, and bake at 350°F (177°C) for 30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
I’m Mikayla Murphy, Certified Nutritional Practitioner and owner of Groundwork Health + Wellness! My entire practice revolves around traditional cooking and old fashioned nutrition as a way to regain your health.
I stick to traditions, not trends, to find true, vibrant health. We work together to build your health from the ground up using real food and the science of nutrition. I’d love to connect with you!