This pan-seared steak & eggs recipe takes advantage of our fast-fry steak cutlets, for quick and easy cooking. It’s an easy gourmet dish that will give you mouthwatering flavour, in a lot less time than it takes to get a meal delivered.
- 4 cutlets grassfed fast-fry steak
- 4 organic farm-fresh eggs
- 1 can crushed/diced tomatoes
- 1 medium onion — chopped
- 4 cloves garlic — minced
- 1 bell pepper — chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil or parsley
- handful spinach
- 1 tbsp oil
- sea salt, pepper, Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup goats cheese
- Season both sides of steaks with sea salt and Italian seasoning.
- Heat a skillet or pan over medium high heat and add oil or butter.
- Sear the steaks on both sides, then remove and set aside.
- Add extra oil/butter if needed, and sauté onion, garlic and pepper for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 can crushed tomatoes, half of the basil and handful spinach. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook for ~10 minutes until it starts to thicken.
- Return steaks to pan and crack eggs directly between the steaks. Cover and cook for 4 minutes until egg whites are opaque.
- Top with crumbled goats cheese and fresh basil
I’m Mikayla Murphy, Certified Nutritional Practitioner and owner of Groundwork Health + Wellness! My entire practice revolves around traditional cooking and old fashioned nutrition as a way to regain your health.
I stick to traditions, not trends, to find true, vibrant health. We work together to build your health from the ground up using real food and the science of nutrition. I’d love to connect with you!